You’re not new to higher education, but you’re new to Fredonia.
No matter the reason you’re considering transferring here, we will make the process simple, and make sure every credit hour you have already earned is applied towards a Fredonia degree in the best way possible. Continue your academic experience at Fredonia!
During the transfer process we encourage you to visit Fredonia, in person or on our virtual tour, or both! See why Fredonia is the right place to continue your education!
SUNY community college graduates and CUNY graduates with an AS or AA degree who wish to continue full-time study at Fredonia are guaranteed admission with advanced academic standing.
To be eligible, you must:
- Submit your application by the recommended dates of March 1 for fall admission and October 1 for spring admission. Recommended dates only, we will still accept applications after these dates.
- Provide Fredonia with an official two-year college transcript showing three semesters of completed study by the recommended date of March 15 for fall admission and October 15 for spring admission. Recommended dates only, we will still accept transcript materials after these dates.
- Deposit Deadline for fall semester is June 1st, or 30 days following acceptance.
Transfer students must submit all transcripts, no matter the results. All 2nd Baccalaureate students are required to notify admissions, at email@example.com or 716-673-3251, to let us know you have applied and already have a bachelors degree. We will send you a letter to notify you of any next steps that need to be taken.
Additional Requirements for Auditions, Portfolios and Interviews
Some programs require additional processes for entry. Find the program you are interested in to read over the additional steps.
Requirements for School of Music
Audition requirements for Music, Music Education, Music Performance, Music Composition, Music Therapy, and Sound Recording Technology
Requirements for Theatre and Dance
Audition requirements for Musical Theatre, Dance, Acting, and theatre Production and Design
Requirements for Visual Arts and New Media
Portfolio requirements for Animation & Illustration, Ceramics, Drawing & Painting, Film & Video Arts, Graphic Design, Photography, and Sculpture
(interview upon selection)
- 3+4 Optometry
- 3+4 and 4+4 Medical: LECOM
- 3+ and 4+ Pharmacy: LECOM
*Students interested in any pre-professional programs should be in touch with David Steiner as soon as possible to discuss application requirements.