Educational Leadership, AC - ONLINE Sample Degree Map
SUNY Fredonia is offering a unique, entirely ONLINE, NYSED approved, Advanced Certificate program in Educational Leadership. Graduates of the program meet the educational requirements for certification as a School Building Leader AND School District Leadership.
- Valid New York State Education Department (NYSED) teaching certification or equivalent in a core area
- Master’s degree in education or related field with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Three years of satisfactory teaching or professional experience in a PreK-12 school or its equivalent
- Evidence of completion of DASA training for New York State
- Two written recommendations, one each from the applicant’s:
- District superintendent and
- Immediate supervisor
Sample Degree Plan
|EDUL 614||Intro to Educational Leadership||3|
|EDUL 616||School Law||3|
|EDUL 615||Operations and Management||3|
|EDUL 618||Instructional Leadership||3|
|EDUL 619||Problem Solving||3|
|EDUL 620||Culturally Responsive Leadership||3|
|EDUL 630||School District Leadership||3|
|EDUL 617||Personnel Leadership||3|
|EDUL 640||Internship 1||3|
|EDUL 641||Internship 2||3|
GRAND TOTAL: 30
The courses are taught by experienced school leaders who wed theory to practice. Field experiences, a unique internship structure, and opportunities to explore individual interests are core components of the program.
- Fall and spring admission options are available
- EDUL 614 - Intro to Educational Leadership is also available to those who start during the spring semester. This course is a prerequisite for EDUL 617, EDUL 618, EDUL 630, EDUL 640, EDUL 641.
- Passing of NYSED - CST in School District Leadership required before an Advanced Certificate degree is awarded.