Graduate School Week activities
The Career Development Office will host its 13th annual Graduate School Fair on Tuesday, Oct. 19, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., as part of Graduate School Week at Fredonia.
For the health and safety of students and recruiters, the event will be held virtually.
Graduate School Week, a series of workshops devoted to specific graduate school topics hosted by the offices of Career Development and Graduate Studies, will be held throughout the week of Oct. 18. All Graduate School Week events are listed in FREDNetwork and online.
Fredonia students, alumni, and community members are welcome to attend the fair and associated events to learn more about graduate schools, available opportunities and the application process. Fredonia’s graduate programs will be featured, with participating representatives from the Office of Graduate Studies.
Additionally, more than 70 institutions will be represented, from New York state and beyond, with graduate and professional programs in a variety of industries and disciplines that include business, education, health/medicine, humanities, law and science.
For details and a full list of programs, visit online. Graduate School Fair webpage.
Several presentations about graduate school topics will be held throughout the week. All presentations will be held via Zoom. The links to sign up for and join the presentations are included below, and will also be listed in FREDNetwork under Events. Workshops include:
- Writing a Strong Statement of Intent, Monday, Oct. 18, 3 p.m., presented by the Office of Graduate Studies.
- Graduate School Fair (Participating Programs), Tuesday, Oct. 19, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., presented by the Career Development Office.
- Applying to Graduate Programs at Fredonia, Wednesday, Oct. 20, 3 p.m., presented by the Office of Graduate Studies.
- All Things Grad School: A conversation with a graduate assistant and a CDO counselor, Wednesday, Oct. 20, 4 p.m., presented by the Career Development Office.
- The Speech-Language Pathology Graduate Application Process, Thursday, Oct. 21, 3 p.m., presented by the Office of Graduate Studies.
For more information about the Graduate School Fair or Graduate School Week events, please contact Christopher LaGrow, associate director of the Career Development Office, via email or at (716) 673-3327.
To access other CDO events and services, including job and internship listings through the FREDNetwork system, visit the CDO website.