EMPLOYEE ACCIDENT REPORTING PROCEDURE
Employees may be eligible for workers' compensation benefits when injured in a work-related accident. Benefits include medical treatment at no cost to the employee and possible wage replacement depending on the length of disability.
IF YOU ARE INJURED ON THE JOB:
- Seek medical assistance, if necessary, and notify your supervisor.
- Complete an Employee Accident Report, available from your supervisor, Human Resources or click here for the online form.
- Call the Accident Reporting System (ARS) at 1-888-800-0029 to report the injury and to obtain an incident number. Please retain this important number. The ARS Call Center hours are 8am - 9pm, M-F. Callers will be able to leave a message after hours and on weekends and holidays.
- Promptly forward accident report and any medical documentation to Human Resources.
- Review the Claimant Information Packet
This packet contains valuable information about workers compensation benefits, including
prescription coverage (pg. 9-10) and direct deposit for your benefits (pg. 13-14).
- Billing Information
- NYSIF - New York State Insurance Fund
- Prescription Benefits for Workers Compensation Claims
- Record of Medical and Travel Expenses (apply for reimbursement)
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Overview
- CSEA Agreements:
OSU, Article 11, Page 58