Dr. Ziya Arnavut
Dr. Ziya Arnavut
Fenton Hall 2148 Fenton Hall
Ph.D., University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Dr. Arnavut has been teaching at the Computer and Information Sciences Department since 1997. He served as the chair of CIS department from August 15, 2015, to May 15, 2019.
Computer Science courses such as Operating Systems, Digital Image Processing, Data Structures, Algorithms and Programming courses.
Data Compression, Image Processing, Multimedia applications, Algorithms.
Awards and Honors
- Erasmus +, Anadolu University (2017).
- Concurrent Encryption and Ecompression
- Lossless Compression of Color Images with Hierarchical Prediction, CALIC, JPEG 2000, and Inversion Coding
- The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Association of Computing Machinary
- IEEE Computer Society
Contracts, Grants and Sponsored Programs
- "Computer Science, Mathematics, and Physics Scholarships (CSMAPS) ," N/A (2018).
- "Computer Science, Mathematics, and Physics Scholarships (CSMAPS) ," N/A (2017).
- "Video Compression," N/A (2019).
- "Near-lossless Image Compression with Parity Reduction," IEEE Xplore (2020).
- "Technique for lossless compression of color images based on hierarchical prediction, inversion, and context adaptive coding," Journal of Electronic Imaging (2019).
- Campus Report (2020).
- Observer Today (2019).
- Observer Today (2018).
- "Concurrent Encryption and Lossless Compression using Inversion Ranks," IEEE Data Compression Conference (2022).
- "Burrows-Wheeler Transformation for Medical Image Compression," 2020 11th IEEE Annual Information Technology, Electronics and Mobile Communication Conference (IEMCON) (2020).
- "Investigation of row and column permutations for lossless compression.," HONET 2016 (2016).