Lei Huang, Ph.D.
Associate Professor (Interim Chair)
E358 Thompson Hall
Ph.D., McGill University
My research focuses on marketing analytics, digital marketing and corporate social responsibility. I have taught various marketing courses at both undergraduate and graduate levels in the traditional face-to-face classrooms and labs as well as online and hybrid modalities. Before joining academia I worked for a decade in the fields of marketing analytics, B-to-B business development, and strategic marketing management for private sectors. Currently, I provide independent marketing consultation and training to help clients grow their businesses. | Specialties: digital marketing, data analysis, research design, strategic marketing planning |
Awards and Honors
- International Society of Marketing Annual Conference Best Paper Award, International Society of Marketing (2023).
- Excellence in Scholarly Activity Award, School of Business, State University of New York at Fredonia (2022).
- The 45th Atlantic Marketing Association Annual Conference Best Paper Award, Atlantic Marketing Association (2020).
- William T. and Charlotte N. Hagan Young Scholar Award, State University of New York at Fredonia (2018).
- The 53rd Society for Marketing Advances Annual Conference Best Paper Award, Society for Marketing Advances (2015).
- Pre-tenured Researcher of the Year Award, Dalhousie University, Canada (2012).
- A. Gordon Archibald Teaching Excellence Award, Dalhousie University, Canada (2011).
- "To Thine Own Self Be True: A Moderated Moderation Mediation of Corporation Social Responsibility Model," Journal of Marketing Management (2023).
- "CSR Fraud and Consumer Opinions: What Simulated “tweets” Can Explain about Consumer Beliefs in CSR," Journal of Sustainable Marketing (2023).
- "Not all Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is Created Equal: A Study of Consumer Perceptions of CSR on Firms Post Fraud," Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice (2022).
- "Multi-Stakeholder Partnerships for Sustainability: Designing Decision Making Processes for Partnership Capacity," Journal of Business Ethics (2019).
- "Partner Strategic Capabilities for Capturing Value from Sustainability-Focused Multi-Stakeholder Partnerships," Sustainability (2019).
- "The Communication Role of Social Media in Social Marketing: A Study of Community Sustainability Knowledge Dissemination on LinkedIn and Twitter," Journal of Marketing Analytics (2019).
- "Cross- Sector Partnerships (SDG #17) as a Means of Achieving Sustainable Communities and Cities (SDG #11)," Handbook of Sustainability Science and Research / Springer Publishing Company (2018).
- "Price versus Nice? How Unfavorable Price Comparisons Help Retain Customers," Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice (2013).
- "First Choice? Last Resort? Social Risks and Gift Card Selection," Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice (2012).
- "Social Media in an Alternative Marketing Communication Model," Journal of Marketing Development and Competitiveness (2012).
- "Social Contagion Effects in Experiential Information Exchange on Bulletin Board Systems," Journal of Marketing Management (2010).
- "How “Tweet” Tones can Explain Consumer Beliefs in CSR," The Association of Marketing Theory and Practice Annual Conference (2023).
- "What Do These Tweets Mean for Us? How Analysis of Consumer Tweets Sheds Light on Consumers CSR Beliefs and Firm Confidence," The 59th Society for Marketing Advances Annual Conference (2021).
- "Appearing Genuine Can Backfire: Firms’ Expected CSR Benefits and the Role of Perceived Corporate Hypocrisy," The 58th Society for Marketing Advances Annual Conference (2020).
- "The Effectiveness of Corporate Remedy Strategies to Product Versus Ethics Misdeeds between Current and Potential Consumers," The 58th Society for Marketing Advances Annual Conference (2020).