Dr. Lisa Walters
Associate Professor (Business Administration)
Thompson Hall E350
Ph.D., California Coast University
I began my career as an adjunct professor at Fredonia in fall of 2001, teaching human resource management, business communications, organizational behavior, and strategic management. Prior to my full-time appointment at Fredonia in 2013, I served as the Senior Compliance Analyst for the American Red Cross Biomedical Services group, where analyzed and evaluated operational data for executive and governmental reporting, as well as to provide insight into operational quality assessments with regard to the priority of auditing focus. Before that Red Cross appointment, I served as a Senior Quality Auditor with the Red Cross, where I evaluated biomedical operations for compliance and quality. I also served as the Principal Officer of my entrepreneurial consulting company Healthy Solutions Quality Consulting, where my work was centered on accreditation readiness reviews, problem-solving and continual improvement.
I serve on the Accreditation Council for A2LA and also serve on its Technical Advisory Committee. I have served in a variety of leadership roles with the American Society for Quality (ASQ); through ASQ, I hold Certified Quality Auditor certification. My Bachelor’s of Science degree is in Medical Technology,with a Specialty in Blood Banking, and I also hold an MBA in addition to my PhD.
Monday: 10 am - 12:30 pm
Wednesday: 10 am - 12:30 pm
I am delighted to teach in the fields of Operations Management, Quality Management, Supply Chain Management, and Lean Six Sigma. I blend traditional course work with a high emphasis on problem based learning to provide an experiential component to the content learning; in this way, I hope to meet and exceed the aspect of our mission of creating career-ready graduates.
I enjoy any research that involves improvement in some regard, whether that be the application of quality improvement principles and techniques to achieve business and organizational sustainability,competitiveness, and regulatory compliance, where applicable, or improvement in our teaching processes themselves. A review of my intellectual contributions serves as testimony to this commitment to improvement, no matter the process or system.
- Certified Quality Auditor
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Specialist in Blood Banking
- Medical Technologist
- CITI Human Subjects Research Certification
- American Society for Quality
Awards and Honors
- Honorary Member Delta Mu Delta, Delta Mu Delta (2015).
- Member Beta Beta Beta Biological Honor Society, Beta Beta Beta Biological Honor Society (1984).
- "Integrating Open Educational Resources into Undergraduate Business Courses," Journal of Educational Technology Systems, Sage (2019).
- "Improving the 1040 process by applying Lean principles: A case study," TQM Journal (N/A).
- "Using Project-Based Learning to Enhance Statistical Understanding for Business Decision-Making: A Case Study for Business Curriculum Consideration," Quality Approaches in Higher Education (N/A).
- "A Readability Analysis Of Undergraduate Textbooks In Operations Management," Journal of Business, Economics, and Technology (N/A).
- "Open Educational Resources and Collaborative Technologies for Business Classes," The BRC Academy Journal of Business (2019).
- "Applying a risk matrix to biologics manufacturing remediation: a teaching exercise," Journal of Business Cases and Applications/Academic and Business Research Institute (2018).
- "A Supplier Risk Matrix Approach to ISO 9001:2015 Compliance: A Case Study," Business Research Consortium of Western New York (N/A).
- "The Case of Prioritizing Remediation of Acquired Plasma Centers For FDA Licensure: A Risk Matrix Approach," Northeastern Association of Business, Economics and Technology (2018).
- "Teaching Decision Making In Multiple Dimensions," Journal of Educational Technology Systems (2017).
- "A Multifaceted Approach towards Education in Data Analytics," Recent Advances in Technology Research and Education, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Springer (2017).
- "Prioritization of Process Improvement Using Risk Evaluation in the Manufacturing of Biologics," Quality Management Journal (2017).
- "Drilling the Data: Using Six Sigma DMAIC to Improve Dental Practice Inventory Management," BRC Academy Journal of Business, The (2017).
- "The Use of QFD to maximize the student advising experience," College Student Journal (2016).
- "How to Build It So They Come: Using Quality Function Deployment to Design a Student Management Club," The BRC Academy Journal of Education (2016).
- "Operations Students Use Six Sigma Cycle to Improve Academic Advising," Quality Progress (2016).
- "Data Analytics for Risk Evaluation in a Biomedical Organization," 18th International Conference on Humans and Computers (2015).
- "Using Experiential Learning to Improve Disability Services on a College Campus Using Quality Techniques: A CaseS Study," Journal of Undergraduate Business Research (2015).
- "Perceptions of the Effects of a Constructivist Classroom Approach on Academic Service-Learning: An Exploratory Study," BRC Academy Journal of Business (2015).
- "Using Quality Management in Experiential Learning to Facilitate Collegiate Operations Improvement and Foster Student Growth: A Case Study," Quality Approaches in Higher Education (2015).
- "The Effect of Electronic Writing Tools on Business Writing Proficiency," BRC Journal of Advances in Education (2014).
- "Romancing the Q: Dancing with the Quality Gorilla," AABB Press (2012).
- "Employee Engagement Vital to ISO 15189 Success," MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer (2011).
- "Simple Six Sigma for Blood Banking, Transfusion, and Cellular Therapy," AABB Press (2007).
- "Introducing the Big Q: A Practical Quality Primer," AABB Press (2004).
- "Leading for Quality: The Implications of Situational Leadership," American Society for Quality (2001).
- No BS Marketing ().
- "Using Data Analytics to Increase Academic Success of Business Students," National Association of Business, Economics, and Technology Annual Conference (2019).
- "Technological Enhancements Of The Method Of Loci For Facilitating Logographic Language Learning," Conference on Instruction and Technology (2019).
- "Building Statistical Understanding through Progressive Coursework and Project-Based Learning," NABET (2018).
- "Evaluation of the Readability of Top-Selling Operations Management Textbooks," NABET (2018).
- "Improving the 1040 Process through the Application of Lean Principles: A Case Study," NABET (2018).
- "Integrating OER into Undergraduate Business Courses," Conference on Instruction and Technology (2018).
- "Using Project-Based Learning to Enhance Statistical Understanding for Decision-Making Using Statistical Software Platforms," Conference on Instruction and Technology (2018).
- "A Supplier Risk Matrix Approach to ISO 9001:2015 Compliance: A Case Study," Business Research Consortium of Western NY (2018).
- "Technology Support for Collaborative Learning in Operations Management Classes," Business Research Consortium of Western NY (2018).