How do I report?

You have a right to report the incident officially. The university encourages students and employees to report these crimes, but the decision is up to the person who has been sexually assaulted. We encourage you to seek out the support system that feels most appropriate and helpful. Students have the right to pursue a criminal complaint and/or disciplinary action through the student conduct process.

Confidential Reporting

Prevention, Advocacy, and Wellness Services (PAWS) of the Counseling Center provides confidential advocacy and referrals for Fredonia students that are survivors of violence. We can answer questions, offer emotional support, and provide referrals. You can make an appointment with the PAWS office by visiting the Counseling Center in LoGrasso Hall, calling us at 716-673-3424, or emailing the PAWS coordinator at The PAWS office is open M-F, 8:00am - 4:30 pm.

Services provided by PAWS and the Counseling Center are confidential. This means disclosing an incident to a staff member of the Counseling Center is not an official report; no university officials, police, or outside persons will be notified of the incident; and no investigation of the incident will take place. Contacting PAWS is one way to learn more your reporting options and your rights and to ask for a staff person to accompany you when filing a report, or to receive emotional support.

University and Police Reporting

The following officials can offer privacy and assist survivors in obtaining more information on the student conduct process and/or criminal complaint options.

To pursue a criminal complaint:

Incident took place on-campus: University Police
Gregory Hall - 2nd Floor

Incident took place off-campus: Village of Fredonia Police
9 Church Street

To pursue university disciplinary action through the student conduct process (assaults that occurred on or off campus):

Student Conduct - Lisa Newell, Director
G105 Williams Center

Title IX - Deputy Title IX Coordinator 
2121 Fenton Hall

Anonymous Reporting 

To anonymously report the incident to the University Police and Title IX Coordinator please use the Silent Witness reporting form at: 

Reporting when incident involves faculty/staff 

When the accused is an employee, a survivor may also report the incident to the Office of Human Resources or Title IX coordinator. Disciplinary proceedings will be conducted in accordance with applicable collective bargaining agreements. When the accused is an employee of an affiliated entity or vendor of the college, college officials will, at the request of the victim/survivor, assist in reporting to the appropriate office of the vendor or affiliated entity and, if the response of the vendor or affiliated entity is not sufficient, assist in obtaining a persona non grata letter, subject to legal requirements and college policy. 

State and National Resources 

To confidentially disclose the incident and obtain services from New York State please visit: Additional disclosure and assistance options are catalogued by the Office for the Prevention of Domestic Violence and presented in several languages: (or by calling 1-800-942-6906). Please note that these hotlines are for crisis intervention, resources, and referrals, and are not reporting mechanisms, meaning that disclosure on a call to a hotline does not provide any information to the campus. Survivors are encouraged to additionally contact a campus confidential or private resource so that the campus can take appropriate action in these cases.

Additional assistance can also be obtained through:

Take the next step