Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
What is EAP?
EAP helps refer employees, partners, and their family members to services for a variety of work/life issues, which may include:
- Counseling and mental health services
- Familial and marital support
- Addiction or substance abuse
- Grief, bereavement
- Legal, financial
- Housing, transportation, parking
- Workplace issues (coworker or managerial strife, job coaching)
- Community resources (e.g. caretaking, food pantries, animal rescue, resources having just moved to the area)
- Stress, burnout
- Child and elder care services and caretaker support
- Covid-19 resources in the community (vaccine clinics, telehealth, etc.)
- Just needing someone to speak to
The NYS Employee Assistance Program is a peer assistance program jointly sponsored by labor and management. NYS EAP provides confidential information, assessment, and referral services to NYS employees, their family members, and retirees. It also provides orientations and training for all employees, managers, supervisors, and union representatives on benefits and use of EAP.
NYS Office of Mental Health Emergency Resources
Crisis services, domestic violence hotline, suicide prevention hotline and many other resources.
NY Project Hope
Free and confidential emotional support helpline for Covid-19-related issues (educational material, referrals, local provider agencies), including crisis counselors.
Phone: 1-844-863-9314 (7 days/week, 8 AM - 10 PM)