Goals & Objectives of Connections
The purpose of Connections is to assist new or mid-career faculty and professional staff with adapting to and growing throughout their lives as members of the The State University of New York at Fredonia community. At the same time, mentors receive personal and professional satisfaction via involvement with his/her mentee. To this end, Connections will help to retain faculty and staff and foster their professional growth by:
- introducing them to the campus and the surrounding communities;
- fostering personal and professional networks within and across academic disciplines and administrative departments;
- providing information and resources that promote professional growth and development;
- communicating the policies and procedures that are relevant to their respective work environments;
- offering strategies to help establish a healthy balance between life and work;
- co-navigating the processes for reappointment, tenure, and promotion;
- encouraging a sense of community that, in turn, helps to increase campus morale.
Looking for a Mentor?
Deadline to Apply: Monday, September 30, 2019
Connection Mentees are individuals who are new to campus or at mid-level in his/her career who are interested in receiving personalized support and professional guidance. Mentees should be willing and open to share professional goals and career plans with their Mentors. Mentees must ensure that all interactions and discussions are confidential. Responsibilities of Connection Mentees include:
- arranging to meet with your Mentor on a regular basis (a minimum of three times per semester) throughout the academic year;
- accompanying Mentor to appropriate professional development activities that occur on campus;
- keeping his/her mentor informed of any problems or concerns as they arise.