Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals (CBYX)
The Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals (CBYX) is a fellowship funded by the German Bundestag and U.S. Department of State, that annually provides 75 American and 75 German young professionals, between the ages of 18½–24, the opportunity to spend one year in each other’s countries, studying, interning, and living with hosts on a cultural immersion program.
The program consists of three phases:
- Two months of intensive German language training
- One semester of classes in one’s academic or career field at a university, technical or professional school
- Three-month internships in one’s career field
This funded fellowship opportunity annually covers basic living costs for all 150 participants (75 Americans + 75 Germans), including:
- Round-trip international airfare from Washington, D.C. to Germany
- Language school costs for two months of intensive German language study
- Tuition costs for four months of study
- Housing costs for host family, apartment, or dormitory during the pre-internship phases
- Note: program funding during the internship depends on earnings
- Monthly stipend to cover basic costs of living
- Program-related travel within Germany
- Health insurance in Germany
CBYX is open to candidates in all career fields who are interested in a year of academic, professional, and cultural exchange.
Program Dates: August 2021 - June 2022
Application Process: Interested students must request an application online no later than November 1. From there, students will complete application materials as provided by Cultural Vistas.