Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Welcome to the Office of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion at The State University of New York at Fredonia. Here you will find a wide variety of information regarding affirmative action, diversity, complaint resolution, and search procedures. We also offer related resources available to the campus in connection with these areas.
Please contact us if you have any questions pertaining to affirmative action, Title IX, ADA compliance, or related matters.
The mission of the Office of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion is to ensure that the university community understands and complies with both federal and state laws with respect to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. While equal employment opportunity is the law, affirmative action and diversity issues require the university not only to provide access to employment and educational programs, but also to provide equitable opportunities to promote success.
The primary goal of the Office of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion is to create a campus climate that is favorable to the development of the human potential of all faculty, staff, administrators, and students. To achieve this goal, the office has three major responsibilities: compliance, equity of services, and diversity.
The Chief Diversity Officer and Director of the Office of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion provides the following services:
- Advises the President on matters related to affirmative action.
- Develops mission and goals for affirmative action and an implementation plan for well balanced, coordinated programs and policies that promote a diverse and supportive institutional environment.
- Provides guidance to and monitors search committees to ensure compliance with affirmative action guidelines.
- Disseminates information and provides training on strategies to implement the affirmative action and non-discrimination policies adopted by the University.
- Serves as co-chairperson of the University's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Advisory Council.
- Prepares for the President's approval all reports related to compliance with affirmative action and non-discrimination legislation and regulation.
- Takes specific actions to enlarge the pool of qualified affirmative action candidates for all searches conducted by the University.
- Develops and implements programs to ensure the retention of affirmative action employees.
- Coordinates the implementation of the governance procedures for reviews of allegations of discrimination according to campus procedures.
- Serves as the official Affirmative Action compliance officer.
- Serves as the official Title IX coordinator.
- Serves as the official American Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance officer.
- "The Future of Inclusion: Students Discuss the Summer of 2020 and Campus Culture"
- Intercultural Center Calendar