Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Advisory Council
The DEI Advisory Council strives to work collaboratively with the Chief Diversity Officer, administration, University Senate, and other campus leaders to support Fredonia’s commitment to celebrating diversity. The Council supports efforts related to assessment, communication, and implementation of policy and practice that enhance on-campus inclusivity and mutual respect. The DEI Advisory Council is a partner with other campus leaders in cultivating a campus community characterized by respect toward individuals of diverse identities, in ways that enhance connection with one another.
As part of its mission, the DEI Advisory Council focuses its efforts on the following areas:
AREA 1: COMMUNICATION – Improve communication to ensure the campus and the larger community understands Fredonia’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
AREA 2: ASSESSMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION – Coordinate data from measures used to assess Fredonia’s efforts toward diversity, equity, and inclusion, to recommend policies and best practices to University Senate and campus leadership.
AREA 3: RECRUITMENT AND RETENTION – Support recruitment and retention of underrepresented faculty, staff, and students.
AREA 4: ENGAGEMENT AND EDUCATION – Create opportunities to engage and educate the campus and greater community on issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
For more information on the Council's policies and procedures, please see our Manual.
2022 - 2023 Membership
- Dr. Vicki T. Sapp, Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Anthony Alterio, Department of Theatre & Dance
- Jacob Czelusta, International Student Services
- Dr. Jennifer Hildebrand, Department of History
- Dr. Jeffry Iovannone, Department of History/Women’s & Gender Studies
- Cheryl John, Native American SUNY: Western Consortium
- Jennifer Michalek, University Advancement
- Dr. Sungick Min, Department of Applied Professional Studies
- Paula Peters, Department of Theatre & Dance
- Angela Pucciarelli Rice, Athletics
- Jennifer Ruhland, Disability Support Services
- Dr. Saundra Liggins, Department of English
- Kimberly Timer, Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion