- Screen your mailing list for unnecessary names, duplicates, and incomplete addresses.
- Use postcards for short messages or announcements.
- Postcards must be rectangular.
- Minimum size of 5" long x 3 1/2" high.
- Maximum size of 6" long x 4 1/4" high.
- Postcards over the maximum size will be charged as a letter.
- Double side your inserts to keep the weight of your mail piece down.
- Use Business Reply envelopes provided by vendors instead of department envelopes.
- Request Library and Media rate whenever possible. Savings can be as much as 50% of the cost of First Class mail. If you have questions as to what can be shipped at Media or Library rate, contact Mail Services or click the link below.
- Use the non-profit org. standard mail permit for a mailing of over 200 pieces for substantial postage savings. Contact Mail Services for more information on how to prepare a permit mailing.