Campus Mail Services strives to provide courteous and efficient campus mail distribution and the most knowledgeable and cost effective preparation of outgoing mail. Mail Services also provides post office services to faculty and staff on the campus and serves as a liaison with the U.S. Postal Service.
Outgoing mail must be received in the mail by 2:30pm to be sent out on the same day.
As of the Fall 2018 semester, all student packages will be received directly to the FSA Bookstore by USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc. They will be held there for pickup during regular business hours. Letter mail will still be delivered to individual dorms by Mail Services.
If you have any questions regarding packages, contact the University Bookstore at (716) 680-6295.
Mail Services Offered:
The main functions of Mail Services are:
- To pick up, sort, and deliver incoming mail from the U.S. Postal Service.
- To collect and distribute intra-campus mail.
- To meter and deliver campus outgoing mail to the U.S. Post Office.
- To validate and transport bulk mailings.
Daily Mail Runs
- Incoming mail pick up from the U.S. Post Office is at 8:30 a.m.
- Academic and Administrative Department deliveries are made in the morning.
- Dormitory intra-campus deliveries are done in the afternoon.
- Outgoing mail is taken to the U.S. Post Office at 2:45 p.m.
All intra-campus and metered outgoing mail processed by the State University of New York at Fredonia mail room must relate to the business of the university. Due to Federal Private Express Statutes, the university mail service cannot process or distribute mailings intended for commercial, personal, or private gain, or for advertising for organizations or individuals not affiliated with the State University of New York at Fredonia.
General Hours of Operation
Mail Room Hours during academic year*:
Monday - Wednesday:
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Thursday - Friday:
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday:
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
* Hours are subject to change due to mail deliveries, copy center coverage, etc.