Student Learning Outcomes
Visual Arts and New Media Student Learning Outcomes:
- To utilize and expand critical thinking skills, the ability to comprehend and to analyze information through the careful consideration of evidence and the application of reasoned argument.
- To practice and improve analytical writing, the appropriate, accurate and effective use of written words to communicate ideas, explain evidence, and support assertions.
- To promote effective oral communication through the practice of various kinds of public speaking such as classroom presentations as well as individual and/or group critiques.
- To enhance visual sophistication and interpretation through the development of craftsmanship, the refinement of conceptual issues, and the expansion of artistic awareness.
- To advance scholarly expertise and professional preparation through the practice of in-depth research, the application of knowledge to one’s own body of work, and the improvement of professional readiness and sophistication.