Fredonia Opportunities for Research and Creative Activity
Learn about opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students interested in pursuing research and creativity at SUNY Fredonia!
Click on the links below to learn more about opportunities for research and creative activity available at SUNY Fredonia through OSCAR and specific departments.
Emerging researchers and artists benefit greatly from the support of a faculty/staff mentor. Follow this link to learn more about the program available at Fredonia. Use the "Interest Form" to let us know you're interested in the program!
SUMMER RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS
The Department of Biology also sponsors a series of summer fellowships to support undergraduate and graduate research endeavors. Undergraduate and graduate students develop research project proposals under the guidance of a faculty member, and submit them to a committee for fellowship consideration. Students who are awarded fellowships perform summer research upon the mentorship of the faculty member, and develop and offer formal presentations to the department the following fall. The fellowships are generously endowed by:
- The Holmberg Foundation Research Award
- The Constantine Barker Memorial Fund
- The Dr. Robert Wettingfeld Undergraduate Research Award
- The Yunghans-Dietter Research Award
- The Biology Endowment Fund
- The Falcone Endowment
For additional information about these scholarships and fellowships, please contact the Chair of the Biology Department. For information on other college scholarships, please contact the Fredonia College Foundation or the College Scholarship Committee (Office of Student Affairs).
SUNY Fredonia and The Center for Innovation and Economic Development would like to tap into the entrepreneurial spirit of students by providing them an opportunity to develop an idea for a new business, generate a business model, and conduct an investor focused pitch.
- Students who participate in the SUNY Fredonia Student Business Pitch Competition are eligible to earn one academic credit hour (optional) by completing forty hours of relevant activities.
- The winner of the contest will be selected by a panel of independent judges based on a business pitch presentation in December.
- Participants will compete for a cash prize, business mentoring, and other incentives to support the development of a student business.
- Follow this link to their webpage more information.