Campus Host Program
* Important Update: The Campus Host program for the remainder of the semester has been cancelled. See below for additional information.
Due to the decision within the SUNY and CUNY system regarding the Coronavirus and the attempt to keep it from spreading, we will be unable to host students this spring. Please stay tuned to our visit page and specific communication regarding adjusted visit events and online visit information.
We still want to meet you and answer all your questions and have you learn why we want you as part of our Big Blue Family, but we don't want to take a chance that we expose you or each other to any chance of the Corona virus transmission. To date, there have been no suspected Corona virus cases at Fredonia or in Chautauqua County, and you can learn more about Fredonia's response at: https://www.fredonia.edu/about/coronavirus-information.
With the Campus Host Program you will
- Experience 24 hours as a Fredonia Student
- Be paired with someone in your prospective major
- Attend classes for a day as a Fredonia student
- Eat in the Campus Dining halls
- Learn first-hand about student groups and activities on campus
- Sleep in the Residence Halls (Bring a Sleeping bag)
Of course, this is all free of charge and is for ACCEPTED STUDENTS ONLY
Getting to Fredonia:
Please keep in mind that the Campus Host Program does not provide you with transportation to your visit. Here are some options to consider before your visit:
* A parent or guardian may drop you off on the day of your visit and pick you up the day after.
* You may drive yourself and we will provide you with an on-campus parking permit.
* Coach buses may drop you off right on campus. Schedules are available online at www.coachusa.com
* If you choose to fly into the Buffalo airport, you can be brought to campus by Coach bus, taxi, or rental car services.
* Taking the bus to campus? Let us know and we'll meet you at the bus stop (which is in the middle of campus).
The program runs from Sunday, February 10th through Wednesday, April 29th, 2020. Arrival days are select Sundays through Wednesdays. We do not host visits to campus on Thursdays, Fridays or Saturdays. All available dates are listed on the registration page.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is it possible for me to receive a music lesson /meet a coach/ talk to a professor during my stay?
Indeed. We can arrange for you to meet with a professor, talk to a coach, or receive a music lesson upon request
I haven't auditioned or submitted my portfolio yet. Is that ok?
Yep. Perfectly fine. All you need to be is academically admitted to Fredonia. Admittance to specific programs like Visual Arts and New Media, Theatre or Music is NOT required.
I already know someone that goes to Fredonia, can I visit them while I'm here?
Yes - as long as they are on campus. You will not be permitted to leave the Fredonia campus during your visit. If your friend does not live on campus, you cannot stay with them...however you can always meet up with them anywhere on campus.
What about food? What about special dietary needs?
We've got you covered...no charge. When you arrive on campus you will be given a meal card so you can eat in the dinning halls or at Starbucks or Tim Hortons. If you have special dietary needs you simply need to communicate them to the staff preparing your meals. Vegetarian and vegan options are available, as are lactose-free and gluten free options.
What will be the sleeping arrangements?
Visitors should come prepared with a sleeping bag or an air mattress to sleep in the residence hall.
If you have any questions about the Campus Host Program, feel free to reach out to Brandon Williamson - Brandon@fredonia.edu or Kerry Young - Kerry.firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Admissions office at 716-673-3251