Financial Aid Process
Financial Aid Office
Visit the Financial Aid Office website for help with your questions.
Financial aid timetable and checklist
Complete and submit the 2019-2020 Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using the IRS data retrieval transferring prior prior information. Use Fredonia Federal school code 002844.
- Complete the 2019 TAP application available online by NYSHESC and submit it to NYSHESC for processing. Use Fredonia TAP undergraduate school code 0915.
- Keep copies of all tax returns and aid applications
December 2018 - August 2019
- Receive Financial Aid Award Letter listing estimated aid eligibility
- If selected for Verification, respond immediately and return all requested documentation to the Financial Aid Office.
- Apply for NYS Excelsior scholarship (if applicable)
- Apply for private scholarships directly with appropriate organizations. Check the fastWEB scholarship search and/or HESC scholarship link
May 1, 2019
- Admissions deposit deadline for new first-year students.
June 1, 2019
- Admissions deposit deadline for new transfer students.
June - August 2019
- First-time Stafford Loan borrowers at Fredonia must complete an electronic Master Promissory Note.
- Receive Registration/Billing eBill from the Student Accounts Office listing college charges and allowable deferments.
- If you will need to secure additional alternative financing options to pay for your college expenses (tuition, fees, room, food, books, etc.), begin the process now by applying for either a Federal Direct Parent Loan (PLUS) or a Private Loan. Be sure to apply for your anticipated period of enrollment.
- Complete and submit the 2020-2021 Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov using the IRS data retrieval transferring prior prior information. Use Fredonia Federal school code 002844.
- Complete and submit the 2020-21 TAP application.
Financial Aid Questions?
Fredonia is ready to help!