Financial Aid Process
Financial aid timetable and checklist
Complete and submit the Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov using the IRS data retrieval transferring prior prior information. Use Fredonia Federal school code 002844.
- Complete the TAP application available online by NYSHESC and submit it to NYSHESC for processing. Use Fredonia TAP undergraduate school code 0915.
- Keep copies of all tax returns and aid applications
December 2018 - August 2019
- Receive Financial Aid Award Letter listing estimated aid eligibility
- If selected for Verification, respond immediately and return all requested documentation to the Financial Aid Office.
- Apply for NYS Excelsior scholarship (if applicable)
- Apply for private scholarships directly with appropriate organizations. Check the fastWEB scholarship search and/or HESC scholarship link
May 1, 2019
- Admissions deposit deadline for new first-year students.
June 1, 2019
- Admissions deposit deadline for new transfer students.
June - August 2019
- First-time Stafford Loan borrowers at Fredonia must complete an electronic Master Promissory Note.
- Receive Registration/Billing eBill from the Student Accounts Office listing college charges and allowable deferments.
- If you will need to secure additional alternative financing options to pay for your college expenses (tuition, fees, room, food, books, etc.), begin the process now by applying for either a Federal Direct Parent Loan (PLUS) or a Private Loan. Be sure to apply for your anticipated period of enrollment.
- Complete and submit the Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov using the IRS data retrieval transferring prior prior information. Use Fredonia Federal school code 002844.
- Complete and submit the 2020-21 TAP application.
Financial Aid Questions?
Fredonia is ready to help!