Graduate Students Financial Aid Information
Information for Graduate Students.
FAFSA or Free Application for Federal Student Aid is an application that provides access to the largest source of financial aid to pay for your college.
2019-2020 FAFSA will be available on October 1, 2018 to complete.
|Create FSA ID||An FSA ID lets you apply and sign your online FAFSA application online. Both the student and one parent (or spouse) will need to apply for an FSA ID and password.|
|Apply For FAFSA||Submit FAFSA as early as possible, preferably in October. Apply online at www
Fredonia provides magnificent funding resources for graduate students which includes potential stipend, research assistantship, graduate assistantship, and opportunity to seek federal loans.
If you have been awarded a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan you must log on to YourConnection to accept, decline, or accept partial amounts of these awards. Please refer to the instructions below for accepting or declining these Financial Aid Awards.
Accept Your Aid
Review your award letter from Fredonia when you receive it in the mail OR you can review your aid status online in YourConnection using these steps:
- Click the Your Connection link located towards the bottom of the page
- Enter your User ID and PIN
- Click Financial Aid
- Click Award
- Click Award for Aid Year
- Click the drop down box and select the appropriate aid year. Click Submit
- Click Accept Award Offer tab
- Under the Award Decision column, click the drop down box to Accept or Decline your awards. To accept partial amounts, click Accept and type in the amount you wish to receive under the accept partial amount column.
- Click Submit Decision button
Federal Direct Loan Borrower Instructions
- All first-time borrowers at Fredonia must complete Entrance Counseling at studentloans.gov.
- Sign in using your FSA ID used to sign the FAFSA. Then click on "Complete Loan Counseling (Entrance, Financial Awareness, Exit)."
- Click the "Start" Button that appears to the right of Entrance Counseling.
- All first-time borrowers at Fredonia MUST complete a new Federal Direct Loan Agreement at studentloans.gov.
- Sign in using your FSA ID used to sign the FAFSA.
- Then click on "Complete Loan Agreement."
- Click the "Start" Button that appears to the right, for Subsidized/ Unsubsidized Loans.