Jump Start Financial Aid: Next Steps
The Financial Aid Office would like to welcome you! Below you will find helpful steps that will ensure your financial aid is in place before the start of the semester. The Financial Aid Team is always here to help with any questions you may have!
Step #1 Log into ‘Your Connection’
- To ACCEPT or DECLINE your financial aid.
- To view any outstanding requirements such as verification or Electronic Master Promissory Notes (E-MPN)
Deadlines and Reminders
- Apply for the NYS Excelsior Scholarship online until July 23, 2018 for Fall 2018.
- If you are offered a Federal Work Study position you must accept AND complete the Work Study “Survey” via ‘Your Connection’ prior to July 31 or your award will be cancelled
- Be sure to visit the SUNY Smart Track website
- Before you decide to drop or withdraw from a class, call the Financial Aid Office to inquire about a possible loss of future state and/or federal aid
- File 2019-20 FAFSA and TAP application in October 2018
Alternative Financing Options