COVID-19, Health, and Wellness
REMINDER: Masks to be worn at all times in buildings and outside across the academic and residential areas of campus
|Surveillance testing information||Isolate and quarantine on campus|
|Student Health Center||COVID-19 resources||COVID-19 vaccine general information|
|Using transportation||COVID-19 test results guide|
Take care of yourself physically and mentally
This is a stressful time, but we are all in this together! Fredonia has services available so students can talk openly and confidentially:
- Counseling Center continues to provide individual and group counseling via telemental health services; same-day services are available and in-person services provided as needed. Peer Support Communities are under development for the Spring 2021 semester
- MyStrength: Everyone at Fredonia has access to a free online tool to help manage stress, anxiety, depression and other common mental health issues associated with stress resulting from the pandemic. Visit myStrength.com: click “Sign Up,” and enter the access code "FredoniaBlueDevil" (no quotes, all one word) for unlimited access to personalized help, including tracking your mood, managing depressive and anxious thoughts, and accessing and sharing inspirations.
- Crisis services are available 24/7/365 through the Chautauqua County Crisis Hotline (1-800-724-0461) and includes the Mobile Crisis Team providing telephone or face-to-face response to mental health crises.
- Free online QPR suicide prevention training for students, faculty, and staff.
- ReachOut SUNY: Fredonia will continue to share ReachOut SUNY to the campus and has embedded this in campus resources.
- Thriving Campus: Fredonia is in the process of collaborating with Thriving Campus to support students with off-campus referral management tools that they can use on their own or with Counseling Center staff.
- Middle Earth: Peer assistance program from the University at Albany.
- New York State Office of Mental Health Crisis Text Line: Text GOT5 to 741741.