Greek Life Organizations
The Delta Chi Fraternity
Mission Statement: Our mission is to promote friendship, develop character, and assist in the acquisition of a sound education.
- The Jimmy V Foundation for Cancer Research
- Volunteer Work & Community Service:
- Dunkirk Camp & Conference Center’s “Halloween Happening”
- The American Cancer Society’s “Relay for Life”
- The Lion’s Club “White Cane Drive”
- The Boys & Girls Club of America
- Fall Sweep
- St. Columbian’s on the Lake Retirement Home
- Beach Clean-Up
- Friendly Kitchen
- Miss Delta Chi
- Pie a Delta Chi
- Chicken for a Cure
- The Jimmy V 3 on 3
Delta Phi Epsilon Sorority
Mission Statement: Delta Phi Epsilon is a sorority of women dedicated to a lifetime of sisterhood and the development of all members through a commitment to excellence." Delta Phi Epsilon develops a social consciousness and a commitment to think and act for the greater good. We assure continuous development and achievement for women by embracing our founding principles of Justice, Sisterhood, and Love.
- The National Association for Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders (ANAD)
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF)
- Lupus Foundation of America
- Delta Phi Epsilon Educational Foundation
- Volley for Kaity for the Lupus Foundation
- ANAD week - spread awareness for eating disorders and support a healthy body image
- Deepher Dude - a male talent competition to benefit CFF
- Adopt A Highway each semester
- Annual participation in Relay for Life
- Buffalo Breast Cancer walk each October
Sigma Gamma Phi - Arethusa Sorority
Purpose: The purpose of Sigma Gamma Phi is to develop and maintain friendships, preserve the heritage of Arethusa, and achieve the highest level of accomplishment by:
- Supporting all of our member’s goals and ideals as a means to develop and strengthen their character.
- Promoting superior scholarship as a basis to intellectual achievement.
- Participating in community service activities to leave an ongoing positive impact on the world around us.
- Collaborating with other organizations in order to encourage fellowship and strengthen ties amongst the campus community.
- March of Dimes
- Susan G Komen for the Cure
- Hope Scholarship: We also work as a sorority to raise money for sisters in financial need in honor of our eternal sister, Hope Antz.
- Making Strides Breast Cancer Walks
- March of Dimes Walks
- Fall Sweep
- Annual “Fred Fest” Cleanup
- Walk to End Alzheimers
- Lakeshore Humane Society Adoption Days
- Relay for Life
- Bald for Bucks
- Annual Hope Event
Sigma Kappa Sorority
- The purpose of Sigma Kappa Sorority is to provide women lifelong opportunities and support for social, intellectual, and spiritual development by bringing women together to positively impact our communities. Specifically, our sorority is bound by a promise to our values: personal growth, friendship, loyalty, and service. Members are bound by this promise to be the best person they can be, to demonstrate sisterhood and friendship throughout life, to model service and leadership in their communities, especially within Sigma Kappa, and to remain loyal to Sigma Kappa and to live its values in all that they do.
- Sigma Kappa Foundation
- Inherit the Earth
- Maine Seacoast Mission
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Annual participation in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s
- Ultra Violet Event for the Sigma Kappa Foundation
- Monthly visits to WCA Home in Fredonia
- Adopt a Highway cleanups in Fredonia
- Jammin’ for Jessa - fundraiser for a sister we lost due to Brain Cancer
- Week of Giving - a week in November dedicated to bettering the local community
- Respect Week - a Sigma Kappa movement to strengthen the bonds of sisterhood and condemn hazing
- “Advancing the Sorority Experience Together”
- The Panhellenic Council is the governing body of sororal life on campus. It is our mission to promote and advance the common interest of sorority women, foster inter-sorority relationships, and in general benefit the sorority experience on the Fredonia State campus.
- Fall Formal Recruitment
Information on the Greek Recruitment Policy can be found here.
Information on the Hazing Policy can be found here
Anti-hazing speaker - Kathleen Wiant's website (The picture below is from Kathleen's visit to campus with Greek Life leaders)