Volunteer & Community Services
Fredonia Days of Service
The Days of Service will combine volunteer efforts and service-learning projects at various locations throughout the community. These volunteer/service projects will be held beginning with Fall Sweep on October 27, concluding on November 9. Times will vary between 9am and 6pm. If you are interested in lending a helping hand in the community please Click Here.
Calling all Freshmen!
Have you ever volunteered at a soup kitchen or for Habitat for Humanity? Have you ever wanted to do more to help others or make a difference in someone's life?
Stop by the Volunteer and Community Services Office located in the Williams Center, room S-227, and learn about the opportunities available to you. To view students engaging in volunteer services click here.
About Volunteer and Community Services
The Volunteer and Community Services Program provides volunteer opportunities for students to help build sustainable and meaningful partnerships in the community. This program assists students with real world experience while enriching the lives of others and enhancing their academic experience. In addition, the office provides advisement and resources to faculty and staff. It is dedicated to promoting volunteerism and service learning experiences in and outside the classroom.
Interaction with people from the community can help with recommendations for future jobs. There are many positive aspects to being a volunteer; especially feeling good about making a difference.
What you will gain from service...
- A broader concern for the welfare of others
- A sense of doing something worthwhile
- A feeling of satisfaction and increased self esteem
- Improved Communication skills
- Openness to persons different than yourself
- Openness to new experiences
- Personal Power
- Valuable experiences related to your chosen career
Three R’s to volunteering...
- Responsibility - A great deal of responsibility goes into volunteering. The agency needs to know when they will be able to count on you to help. It is important to have good communication with both the volunteer agency and the volunteer program. All activities and responsibilities outlined in the contract between the agency and the volunteer must be followed.
- Reward is found in knowing that you are making a difference in someone’s life.
- Recreation is found in choosing a volunteer site that interests you.
Have you volunteered?
E-mail your volunteer experience to: Joyce.Smith@fredonia.edu
(See All Events)
Saturday, April 27, 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Point Gratiot Beach
Dunkirk, New York
Relay for Life
Saturday, March 23, 3:00 PM - Sunday, March 24, 3:00 AM
Steele Hall Field House
Fredonia, New York
register online at: www.relayforlife.org/FredoniaUNY
VCS Brochure - PDF
Info Sheet - PDF