Welcome to FREDpride!
On our site you will find LGBTQ+ campus & community resources, educational resources, support services and events.
FREDpride is designed to create an inclusive space for campus members of the LGBTQ+ community. It is housed within the Intercultural Center. Our goal is to increase access to LGBTQ+ services on campus and in the surrounding community.
FREDpride aligns with the Intercultural Center's mission, which states:
- The Intercultural Center seeks to enhance the student experience by cultivating an inclusive community, on and off campus, through support and collaboration with campus constituents, while providing students with the skill sets needed to excel and make a difference.
This is a new initiative and we are continuously updating our website with additional resources. If you would like to recommend additional resources that we haven't included on our site, please contact the Intercultural Center at email@example.com.
Academic Depts. & Student Support Offices
- Ethnic & Gender Studies Collaborative for Diversity and Social Justice: The mission of the Collaborative is to promote the values of diversity, equity, and social justice through education, campus and community outreach, and advocacy.
- FREDwell The FREDwell Lounge is a wellness-focused space available for students to attend peer led groups about mental health, stress and coping.
- Life as LGBTQ+ is a peer support group that meets weekly for individuals who identify within the LGBTQ+ community. Check out the FREDwell Events Page for scheduled meetings.
- Let's Talk "Let's Talk" is a drop-in service that offers informal, no-commitment consultation with a Fredonia counselor housed within the Intercultural Center.
- Let's Talk Speakers Series: POC LGBTQ+ Experiences are scheduled throughout the fall semester. Check out the Intercultural Center events page or FRED pride events page for details.
- Chosen Name Program
- Cultural Information Index
- Discrimination Complaint Procedure for Students
- Gender Inclusive Restrooms Locations
- Gender Pronouns Guide
- LGBTQ+ Survivors (Sexual Assault)
- LGBTQ Guide to International Travel Safety
- Reed Library Safezone Collection
- Women & Gender Studies: Take Action! Links
- The Pride Center of WNY The mission of the Pride Center is to work with the community to make Western New York a safe, healthy, and satisfying place for LGBTQ people to live, work and establish their families.
- Trillium Health Based in Buffalo, NY, they provide general health services, transgender & gender-expansive health services, a food pantry and more!
- Mocha Center (also with Evergreen Health) based in Buffalo, NY, provides LGBTQ+ people of color with access to:
- A safe space to network, socialize and access sexual health care
- Support groups designed by and for LGBTQ+ people of color
- Individual support and care management services
- HIV, STI and hepatitis C testing and education
LawNY: Jamestown office--managing attorney: Lynn Hartley, Esq. Pro bono service.
- Centerlink: Community of LGBTQ Centers
- Community Centers Member Directory (Useful to help locate a local center)
- Deaf Queers is a national nonprofit that works to support, inform, empower, and bring more visibility to and awareness about marginalized Deaf LGBTQ communities.
- Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) works through entertainment, news, and digital media to share stories from the LGBTQ community that accelerate acceptance.
- Gay Lesbian Straight Education Network (GLSEN) works to ensure that LGBTQ students are able to learn and grow in a school (K-12) environment free from bullying and harassment.
- Human Rights Campaign's goal is to ensure that all LGBTQ people, and particularly those of us who are trans, people of color and HIV+, are treated as full and equal citizens within their movement, across the U.S. and around the world.
- Immigration Equality Through direct legal services, policy advocacy, and impact litigation, they advocate for immigrants and families facing discrimination based on their sexual orientation, gender identity, or HIV status.
- National Center for Transgender Equality advocates to change policies and society to increase understanding and acceptance of transgender people. In the nation’s capital and throughout the country, NCTE works to replace disrespect, discrimination, and violence with empathy, opportunity, and justice.
- The Intersex Society of North America (ISNA) is devoted to systemic change to end shame, secrecy, and unwanted genital surgeries for people born with an anatomy that someone decided is not standard for male or female.
- The Trevor Project provides crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ) young people under 25.
- The Asexual Visibility & Education Network hosts the world's largest online asexual community as well as a large archive of resources on asexuality. AVEN strives to create open, honest discussion about asexuality among sexual and asexual people alike.
- Audre Lorde Project The Audre Lorde Project is a Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Two Spirit, Trans and Gender Non Conforming People of Color center for community organizing, focusing on the New York City area.
- Black Transman Inc Black Transmen Inc. is the first national non-profit Organization of African American transmen solely focused on acknowledgment, social advocacy and empowering transmen with resources to aid in a healthy female to male transition.
- DeQH offers free, confidential, culturally sensitive peer support, information and resources for LGBTQ+ South Asian individuals, families and friends around the globe.
- First Nations Two Spirit Collective is comprised of indigenous peoples who identify as two-spirit, gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, gender-non-conforming, queer and allies,
- National Black Justice Coalition (NBJC) is a civil rights organization dedicated to the empowerment of Black lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer+, and same gender loving (LGBTQ+/SGL) people.
- National Queer Asian Pacific Islander Alliance (NQAPIA) is a federation of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) Asian American, South Asian, Southeast Asian, and Pacific Islander (AAPI) organizations.
- Queer Women of Color Media Arts Project (QWOCMAP) creates, exhibits, and distributes high-impact films that authentically reflect the lives of queer women of color (cisgender & transgender), and gender non-binary/nonconforming/variant and transgender people of color (of any orientation), and address the vital, intersecting social justice issues that concern multiple communities.
- Trans Women of Color Collective is an initiative created to offer opportunities for trans people of color, their families and their comrades to engage in healing, foster kinship, and build community.
- Tribal Equality Toolkit
- Unity Coalition advances equality & fairness for the Latinx/Hispanic & Indigenous LGBTQ Community