Fredonia Harp Day
Join us for VIRTUAL Harp Day!
Sunday, May 2, 2021
Online Zoom Event
Free, but registration is required.
Registration Deadline: April 2, 2021
Order an optional Harp Day t-shirt for $15
note: we plan to ship t-shirts in time to wear them on Harp Day, but we cannot guarantee delivery times.
Registration is now closed.
Questions? Contact Sonja Inglefield
About Fredonia Harp Day
All ages and all levels welcome – come make new harp friends!
Event is free, but registration is required.
T-shirt purchase is optional (they will be mailed to your home)
Participate by making submissions online ahead of time (deadline to submit your work: April 15)
- Art – submit a “.jpg” of your own original harp art!
- Exercises – submit a short video of your favorite warm-up exercise!
- Fun Videos – submit a link to your favorite fun or funny harp video!
- Ensembles – submit a short video of an ensemble piece, performed safely with a friend or family member – ANY other instruments welcome, with you on harp!
- Polka in C – submit a video of yourself playing one part for Polka in C by Jacques Press – we will put them together! (Polka in C is for two pedal harps, but Sonja has written two lever parts also. Those parts and detailed instructions for making your video will be emailed to you after registration.)
Submissions are not required. It’s fine to register and join us only for the Zoom sessions.
Special Guest Recital and Question & Answer Session with AHS National Competition Winner, Caroline Mellott - made possible by an American Harp Society Winners Outreach Grant, thanks to the Western New York Chapter of the AHS.
Zoom links will be emailed to registrants on Saturday, May 1, 2021.
All events hosted by SUNY Fredonia harp professor, Sonja Inglefield. All events will take place online.
Introductions – participants introduce themselves over Zoom
Presentation of Virtual Galleries – vote for favorites in each category – winners announced during Grand Finale
Caroline Mellott - Guest Recital and Q&A
|Grand Finale Ensemble Presentation and Gallery Awards
Pre-recorded, Covid-friendly ensemble pieces, culminating with the assembled
group performance of Polka in C!
For more information, please contact: Sonja.Inglefield@fredonia.edu