How to Use Tutoring Services
Tutoring is available on a drop-in basis, meaning you don't need to sign-up or schedule an appointment. Just visit our center during regularly scheduled hours to work with a tutor.
- Help you understand and complete your coursework
- Explain concepts, whether general or advanced
- Work through different examples of the problems giving you trouble
- Help you build confidence to work out problems on your own
- Give notetaking and studying advice
- Help discover specifically what you can do to better your skills in a subject area
- Substitute for your professor, who is best-equipped to answer questions specific to your class
- Magically help you meet a deadline if you waited too long to start an assignment
- Do your homework problems for you
- Write or rewrite major portions of your papers
- Help you with assignments that your professor wants you to do by yourself, like take-home tests
To Best Use Tutoring Services:
- Take careful notes in class and try to understand them
- Put forth serious effort in your work
- See your professor, especially with questions about the lectures and assignments
- Bring your textbook, notes, assignments, and specific questions with you.
- Consider visiting in a small group, if there are others in your class who want help too
- Take a tutoring schedule with you after your first visit so you know when to come back
- Never wait until the last minute!
- We do the best we can to be a productive supplement to your own work.
- We don't give you the answers, we help you find them.