Summer Jump Start Days
Summer Jump Start Enrollment Days
Jump Start Enrollment Days will be offered from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on the following dates. (For those traveling a great distance, on-campus overnight accommodations for parents and students will be available.) Online registration requests begins April 15, 2019. Each registration request is filled on a first-come, first-serve based on your incoming major. This ensures that each student has time with an academic advisor during the course registration review rotation.
- Tuesday, July 2, 2019 - Session 1 (Closed- Full)
- Monday, July 8, 2019 - Session 2 (Closed-Full)
- Thursday, July 11, 2019 - Session 3 (Closed)
- Monday, July 15, 2019 - Session 4 (Open- email email@example.com to reserve a spot)
- Thursday, July 18, 2019 - Session 5 (Open- email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot)
- Monday, July 22, 2019 - Session 6 (Open-register in YourConnection)
Quick How to Register Directions
- Go to the Your Connection page
- Log into Your Connection using your "F" ID number
- Select the "Student Tab"
- Click on "Summer Jump Start Sessions" and complete the form.
All new students attend a one-day Jump Start program on campus in July. This provides students the opportunity to complete all the items necessary to be enrolled for the fall semester and prepare for move-in, including:
- Finalizing their course schedule
- Navigating online academic tools
- Processing their Fredonia ID card
- Submitting immunization records
- Accepting a meal plan (if living on campus)
- Registering a vehicle
- Connecting with campus support offices
- Completing Financial Aid requirements
- Meeting other new students
A special, Parent/Guardian Orientation will also be offered simultaneously at each Jump Start. Parents, family members, and guests accompanying a student who chooses not to participate in the parent/guardian program are NOT able to remain with the student throughout the day. Students have their own itinerary during Jump Start. However, students can register up to two family guests to attend the parent/family program using the online registration request form. Please be aware that there is a fee for parents to attend however, it is NOT mandatory for parents to attend.
Workshops presented to Parents/Guardian's include:
- Campus Safety and Expectations- information about student conduct and campus-wide safety
- Student Accounts-how to see your student's e-bill and be an authorized user, what payment plans are available, due dates
- Financial Aid - steps on how to complete remaining Financial Aid requirements, such as verification
- Academic Advising- what course work is your student expected to complete, how students are finalizing their schedules, what an advisor assists with
- FSA- how campus meal plans work, what are FREDdebit or FREDFunds accounts, what is the FREDCard used for
- Student Wellness and Support- information about using Tutoring Center, Health Center, and Counseling Center on campus
- Residence Life & Technology- details about what to bring or not to bring in residence, as well as computer and data information
- Extra Items- a tour of the residence halls and walk-in Financial Aid counseling hours
New Student Orientation will take place on Friday, August 23, 2019 - Sunday, August 25, 2019.
New Students will move-in on Thursday, August 22, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. A special Residence Hall Meeting will begin at 7:00 p.m. Most parents and family leave campus by about 7:00 p.m.
The activities taking place on Friday-Sunday are for students only. There will not be a parent's orientation offered in August, but we will host a Campus Resource Fair on Thursday so families may complete any last minute items or have questions addressed.
Please be aware that Jump Start and New Student Orientation are mandatory programs at Fredonia for all new first-year and transfer students. There will be a one-time, non-refundable orientation fee charged to all new undergraduate students. This fee is reflected on the semester bill.