School of Business Vision and Mission
We aspire to be leading business educators in western New York, recognized for the quality of our academic programs and our career-ready graduates.
To integrate excellence in instruction, relevant faculty scholarship, and proactive community service in order to prepare students from differing backgrounds to be successful, ethical, and globally aware business professionals. We accomplish this by:
- Providing students with high quality educational opportunities by engaging them with faculty, local business, regional community and university organizations.
- Continuously improving a challenging curriculum through ongoing outcomes assessments.
- Supporting scholarly, professional, and pedagogical research that sustains intellectual vitality and enriches student learning.
- Providing collaborative research efforts with the more capable students so as to develop their latent talents and advance their career opportunities.
- Providing the university, region, and broader professional community with the expertise that further strengthens the academic currency of the Faculty, and that adds value to these communities.
In support of this mission, the curriculum in the Business School’s majors of business administration, accounting, economics, finance, music industry, public accountancy, management, marketing, and sport management will include strong components in critical thinking, oral and written communication, ethical awareness, leadership, and international awareness