Cumulative Preferred GPA: 3.0 (Department requirements vary; please see specific program requirements below)
Application fee: $75 for all programs except Speech-Language Pathology (the application fee is waived for EOP/EDP participants and McNair Scholars. Please contact the Graduate Studies office to have the fee waived)
Statement of Intent/Personal Essay
- Minimum: One page preferred.
- Topic: See specific program requirements. If none are listed, please write a one-page essay about your educational and professional strengths and your reasons for pursuing your chosen degree program.
- Address to: Admissions committee.
- Unofficial transcripts accepted for review unless otherwise required by your program
- Institution name should appear on document
- SUNY Fredonia reserves the right to require official transcripts to verify authenticity; official transcripts from the applicant's degree-granting institution are required
Two recommendation letters
- Online (preferred): see application for details (Speech applicants must use the portal in the CSDCAS application)
- Offline: both letter and form are required
Department Requirements by Program
- Must obtain approval from a thesis advisor (thesis track)
- GRE Scores: May be admitted conditionally if exam is taken within the first semester of graduate work
- New York State teaching certification: Must submit within the first semester of graduate work
- DASA training: Must submit within the first semester of graduate work
Music Performance, Theory/Composition, Music Ed. Recital Track
TESOL and Language and Learning
- Summer Admission Only
- Valid New York State Education Department (NYSED) teaching certification or equivalent in a core area
- Master’s Degree in education or a related field with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- 3 years of satisfactory teaching or professional experience in a PreK-12 school or its equivalent
- Evidence of completion of DASA training for New York State (Applicants may be conditionally accepted pending completion of DASA)
- Two written recommendations, one each from the applicant’s district superintendent and immediate supervisor
Click here for international application requirements.