Fredonia and Buffalo Pharmacy Program
Affiliation Agreement with the University of Buffalo School of Pharmacy
Fredonia and the University of Buffalo School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences have an accelerated 3+4 program for students interested in a Doctor of Pharmacy degree. Students accepted into the program complete 3 years at Fredonia while majoring in Biology or Biochemistry and then matriculate to Buffalo. Credits from the first year of the pharmacy program transfer back to Fredonia so the students earn their BS degree.
- Only current Fredonia students are eligible to apply to this program. High school students interested in this program need to matriculate to Fredonia and meet the requirements listed here as Biology or Biochemistry majors.
- Students must have a 3.5 gpa in the pre-requisite science and math courses
- Students must have an overall 3.5 gpa
- Students must earn a C or higher in all pre-requisite courses
- Students must take courses in English (1 year), Biology (1 year), General and Organic Chemistry (1 year each), Calculus (1 year), Physics (1 semester), Statistics (1 semester), Microbiology (1 semester), Anatomy (1 semester), Physiology (1 year), Biochemistry (1 semester), and Psychology or Sociology (1 semester)
- Students must take the PCAT. Buffalo does not have a minimum PCAT score requirement, but competitive applicants typically have a score of at least 300.
- Students need to apply to the program through PharmCAS no later than Oct. 1 of their junior year. Due to the requirements of the program and of the Biology and Biochemistry majors, students interested in the program should work closely with their academic advisor and the Health Professions Advising Office in planning each semester's classes.
- Interested students should contact David Steiner in the Fredonia Admissions Office and Dr. Ted Lee, chair of the Health Professions Advising Committee.