Practice with Big Interview
Interview with Confidence
Perfect your delivery and conquer your nerves with our interactive mock interview tool.
STEP 1 Go to fredonia.biginterview.com and click "Register".
STEP 2 Complete the registration process.
STEP 3 You'll then receive a confirmation email at your SCHOOL email address. Click "Verify" in the email, and you'll be able to start using Big Interview.
LEARN - Before you record your interview
Big Interview gives you both “Fast Track” and “Mastery Track” systems of lessons and virtual interview practice – to get you ready … fast!
Big Interview also teaches you how to get inside the head of any interviewer and prove that you are the candidate they are looking for.
Craft great responses that “Wow” interviewers: The “Answer Builder” tool inside Big Interview will help you mine the depths of your memory to find the right stories to tell.
PRACTICE - Create and structure answers
Record an Interview. Choose from several categories organized by experience, occupation or competency. Begin practice with the General Questions interview set, and select the interviewer type based upon your skill sets; standard, challenging, or tough!
Relax, maintain good eye contact, and speak clearly. The webcam will automatically record your response.
- Select PRACTICE along the top toolbar
- Select the question category; it is recommended that you begin with General Interview
- Choose the competency level you would like to practice; begin with Standard
- Ensure your camera and microphone are properly connected (review System Requirements, if needed)
- Consider the background, light quality and background noise to present yourself in a professional setting
- PLAY the interview question then select RECORD when you are prepared to answer (There is a 3, 2, 1 countdown prior to recording)
- Keep your hand on the mouse while recording to select STOP RECORDING when your answer is complete
- Play/Review your answer, and/or re-record if needed
- Select save to upload your answer to your private database folder
- Choose Next Question until all questions have been completed
ANALYZE - What's next?
- Evaluate your interview using the built-in feedback tools for self-review.
- Share within your organization to a CDO staff member
- Share via email to a professor, friend or mentor
- Schedule a practice interview with a Career Development counselor to receive immediate feedback.
- Reserve our interview room (call or email in advance) to conduct your practice interviews or video employment interviews.