Skip to main content

New York State has reciprocal teacher certification agreements with every state; however, each state has unique requirements.  To find out the requirements for specific states, please access the Department of Education homepages for each state.

If you have reviewed the Department of Education's homepage and still have questions about any of the specific requirements, please feel free to contact the Office of Student Services for guidance with interpreting the regulations.

If you need to verify the completion of an approved teacher preparation program from the State University of New York at Fredonia for certification purposes in another state, please send the out-of-state verification form with the top portion completed, along with a stamped envelope containing the address where you would like the verification sent to:

College of Education
Office of the Dean
705 Maytum Hall
Fredonia, NY 14063

Office of Student Services, College of Education, Health Sciences, and Human Services

  • E264 Thompson Hall State University of New York at Fredonia Fredonia, NY 14063

Take the next step

Request Info Visit Apply