Office of Student Services
The Office of Student Services offers potential students, current students, and graduates with academic support for the College of Education, Health Sciences, and Human Services.
The Office of Student Services offers potential students, current students, and graduates with academic support for the College of Education, Health Sciences, and Human Services. This office strives to provide a user-friendly, all-purpose student response structure that guides Fredonia's New York State Certification candidates along the path to becoming responsive, well-rounded, and marketable educators.
- Current and prospective students may seek academic advice about College of Education, Health Sciences, and Human Services undergraduate and graduate programs in the Office of Student Services.
- Applications for change of major to Childhood Education, Childhood Inclusive Education, Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood/Childhood Education are processed in this office.
- The Office of Student Services also serves as a general academic advising center for all education students who need help with their program.
- Childhood 4-Year Individualized Plan
- Childhood Inclusive 4-Year Individualized Plan
- Early Childhood 4-Year Individualized Plan
- Early Childhood/ Childhood 4-Year Individualized Plan
The Coordinator in the Office of Student Services assists all teacher candidates at Fredonia, as well as alumni, with all certification questions. Please use links down below for specific information on the following topics:
- Help with TEACH Online Services
- Applying for Certification
- New York State Teacher Certification Exams (NYSTCE)
- NYS Teacher Certification Fingerprinting - For more details and cost, visit NYSED Fingerprinting.
- Registration and Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE) Requirements
Scholarships coordinated through the Office of Student Services are retention scholarships for students currently enrolled in the College of Education, Health Sciences, and Human Services. Current Education students interested in applying for scholarships should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
All students currently enrolled in a Teacher Education Initial Certification Program including Adolescent Education and Music Education, and who are in good academic standing are eligible to apply.
Adolescent Education and Music Education majors should also consult their discipline departments for discipline-specific awards.
Potential or incoming students should contact Student Affairs for entrance scholarship information.
The Office of Student Services handles graduation clearance and verification of requirement completion for the following programs:
- Childhood Education
- Childhood Inclusive Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood/Childhood Education
- Bilingual Education Extension
- Curriculum and Instruction in Inclusive Education
- Language and Learning
- Literacy: Birth-Grade 12
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- TEACH Online Services
- FAQs for Teacher Certification
- NYSTCE Exams
- Safety Nets for NYSTCE
- Fingerprinting Directions
- Steps to Initial/Professional Certification
- Teaching in Other States
- Program Codes for TEACH Certification Application
- Graduate and Undergraduate Waiver Form
- Registration and CTLE Requirements