Ohio & Pennsylvania residents are eligible for a $6,000 Good Neighbor Award
Discover a nurturing, inclusive environment that supports your individual passions and path in a setting that is now more affordable than some of the largest public institutions in Ohio and Pennsylvania.
Residents of Ohio and Pennsylvania are eligible for a $6,000 Good Neighbor Award (equally distributed $3,000 each semester) from Fredonia to reduce their out-of-state tuition. This award is for all residents of the above states or those who attend their last two years of High School in OH or PA; and who do not qualify for in-state tuition in New York. This award is renewable for all four years at Fredonia to increase the affordability of a college education.
SUNY Fredonia's out-of-state tuition: $16,980. But with the Good Neighbor Award, annual out of state tuition at Fredonia is now $10,980. That means Fredonia's annual tuition is more affordable than most public institutions in Ohio and Pennsylvania!
Not only is Fredonia more affordable, it's also closer than you think! We're just a short drive along Interstate 90!
- 45 minutes from Buffalo, NY
- 1 hour from Erie, PA
- 1 1/2 hours from Toronto, CA
- 2 1/2 hours from Pittsburgh, PA
- 2 1/2 hours from Cleveland, OH
- Be enrolled at Fredonia as a full-time undergraduate student in the 2022-23 school year
- Not be eligible for in-state tuition and be a resident of Ohio or Pennsylvania; or have spent the last two years of high school and have graduated from an Ohio or Pennsylvania high school.
- Must maintain good standing with the university
- First-year students are eligible to get the award for four years, and transfer students can receive the award for up to three years.
First-year students who are receiving the Good Neighbor Award are also considered for additional Academic index awards which can range from $2,000-5,000 depending on high school GPA and test scores.
- Presidents Award for Excellence- $5,000 for students who have at least a 95 GPA.
- Fredonia Scholar Award- $3,500 for students who have at least a 93 GPA.
- Dean’s Scholar Award- $3,000 for students who have at least a 90 GPA.
- Fredonia Promise Award- $2,000 for students who have at least an 85 GPA.