Discover a nurturing, inclusive environment that supports your individual passions and path in a setting that is now more affordable than the largest public institutions in Ohio and Pennsylvania!
Residents of Pennsylvania and Ohio are eligible for a $6,000 Good Neighbor Award (equally distributed $3,000 each semester) from Fredonia to reduce their out-of-state tuition. This award is for all Pennsylvania and Ohio residents or those who attend their last two years of High School in PA or OH; and who do not qualify for in-state tuition in New York. This award is renewable for all four years at Fredonia to increase the affordability of a college education.
Previously, Fredonia's annual out of state tuition was $16,980. With the $6,000 Good Neighbor Award, the annual out of state tuition at Fredonia is now $10,980. That means Fredonia's annual tuition is more affordable than most public institutions in both Ohio and Pennsylvania!
Not only is Fredonia more affordable, it's also closer than you think! We're just a short drive along Interstate 90!
- 1 hour from Erie, PA.
- 2 1/2 hours from Pittsburgh, PA.
- 2 1/2 hours from Cleveland, OH.
- Be enrolled at Fredonia as a full-time undergraduate student in the 2020-21 school year
- Not be eligible for in-state tuition and be a resident of Pennsylvania or Ohio, or have spent the last two years of high school and have graduated from a Pennsylvania or Ohio high school.
- Must maintain good standing with the university
- First-year students are eligible to get the award for four years, and transfer students can receive the award for up to three years.
First-year students who are receiving the Good Neighbor Award are also considered for additional Academic index awards which can range from $1,500-3,000 depending on high school GPA and test scores.
- Presidents Award for Excellence- $3,000 for students who have at least a 95 and 1080 on the SAT or a 22 on the ACT.
- Fredonia Scholar Award- $2,500 for students who have at least a 93 and 1080 on the SAT or a 22 on the ACT.
- Dean’s Scholar Award- $2,000 for students who have at least a 90 and 1080 on the SAT or a 22 on the ACT.
- Fredonia Promise Award- $1,500 for students who have at least an 85 and 1080 on the SAT or a 22 on the ACT.