After paying your admissions deposit, you will be added to an email list from the International Student Services Office. You will begin to receive important emails throughout the weeks leading up to your semester start date. Included in these emails will be links to informational videos that the office has created to help you become more aware of our campus before you arrive.
Below are some helpful reminder on what to pack. Please keep in mind that we will escort you to local stores within the first couple days you are on campus. You will also have the chance to buy items such as bed linens, blankets, small furniture, groceries, cell phone and so forth.
What to pack:
- Bedding: It is required that you have the proper linens and bedding for your student housing bed. You should bring sheets that are the TWIN XL size. It may be possible to bring sheets, but may not be practical to bring items such as pillows and blankets. In this case, you can make arrangements to have those items delivered to the International Student Services Office. Information on how to do that will be emailed to students one month prior to their scheduled arrival on campus.
- Clothes: The weather in Fredonia varies greatly throughout the year. In August, you will need cool, light clothing, as temperatures and humidity levels will generally be high. September through mid-November is generally pleasant with plenty of sun and moderate temperatures. Heavy snowfall is unlikely, but not unheard of, before late November. By late December, cold temperatures and high snowfall totals will probably make winter coats, hats, and gloves a daily necessity. From December to early April cold temperatures and frequent snowfall are to be expected. May is somewhat rainy, but pleasant with milder temperatures.
- Multiple means of payment: Credit cards, a small amount of US currency, etc.
- Textbooks in your native language
- Prescription medication & written prescription
- Cell phone with U.S. compatible SIM card
- Movies, video games, music to play on your lap top, mp3 player, calculator, dictionary
- The U.S. uses 120V, 60 Hz electrical outlet systems with flat blade plugs & flat blade with round grounding pin plugs. Be sure that your electronics meets these standards or that you have a converter/adapter
Important documents to bring with you:
- Passport - Be sure that your passport is not expired
- I-20 Form
- Admission letter from Fredonia
- FSA-4 Financial Statement and supporting documents
- Health History Form and official immunization record (in English) *This is mandatory for all students!
If you have any questions or concerns leading up to your first semester, please email or call the office.