Division of Student Affairs
The university's Division of Student Affairs oversees all areas of the student's experience with special emphasis on educational and social experiences outside the classroom. Promoting student growth and development while at the University is one of our most important responsibilities.
Please see the bottom of this page for a list of various offices within the Division that are available to support the student experience at Fredonia.
Update December 2021: As ESS transitions to the Division of Student Affairs, a new mission, vision and set of core values will be developed. The mission, vision and core values below represent ESS - this page will be updated soon.
In support of Fredonia's strategic plan and institutional goals, the division will create programs and services to support students in their development of skills leading to personal and academic goals, foster responsible citizenship, and enrich the student experience.
The division will strive to provide transformative pathways where students are empowered to develop as leaders, embrace diversity, and become life-long contributors in a global society.
- Student Success: Creating pathways to transformative learning environments for students and those who serve them.
- Excellence, Collegiality, and Professionalism: Modeling professionalism through collaborative, ethical leadership, integrity, credibility, respect, consistency, customer service, and effectiveness.
- Respecting Diversity, Inclusiveness, and Global Understanding: Standing for a sense of community where all individuals are valued.
- Assessment and Accountability: Continually evaluating and improving practices, in order to hold professionals accountable through the collection and use of assessment evidence.
The Division of Student Affairs functional units:
- Office of the Vice President of Student Affairs - Divisional Organizational Chart
- Department of Athletics and Recreation
- Department of Student Engagement and Inclusion
- Department of Student Wellness and Support
- Office of Residence Life
- Office of Student Conduct
Update December 2021: As ESS transitions to the Division of Student Affairs and the campus implements its next Strategic Plan (coming in 2022), new strategic initiatives for the division will be developed. The strategic initiatives below represent ESS - this page will be updated soon.
Strategic Initiatives for the Division of Student Affairs.
While hours and access will vary, during breaks (fall, winter, spring, summer), there are a variety of resources that remain available to students. Check the links below and contact offices directly with questions:
- University Police (for any and all emergencies: 716-673-3333)
- Campus Life (events and programs on-campus)
- Mental Health Support (including crisis services)
- Student Health Center (health & medical services available on campus)
- Blue Devils Fitness Center (call 716-673-3409 for holiday hours)
- FSA Dining Services (see what locations are open and when)
- Food Pantries (resources available on- and off-campus)
- Residence Life (RD on Duty can be reached at 716-679-8524)
- Reed Library (check website for hours)
- Volunteer Opportunities (local agencies are always looking for help!)
- Local Hiking Trails, Events and Attactions
- Local Transportation
- Campus-Community Bus Service Schedule (check for changes to operating schedule during breaks)
- The Coach USA bus operates daily between Buffalo - Fredonia - Jamestown. Tips on traveling between SUNY Fredonia and Buffalo on Coach USA can be found here.
- The CARTS Bus [Dunkirk City Route] runs Monday through Friday (except holidays), 7:30am - 5:30pm, to D & F Plaza, TJ Maxx/Aldi's, Tops Plaza, Wal-Mart and other locations in Dunkirk. It costs about $2.75 to $3.25 for each ride (must have exact amount). For more information, call 716-366-4500 or 800-388-6534. Visit here for the specific routes and details.