Audition Dates & Deadlines
2020-2021 Audition Request Form is LIVE!
For everyone's safety during the COVID-19 pandemic, auditions in 2020-21 will consist of a video audition and an interactive (Zoom) follow-up with Fredonia music faculty.
Fredonia boasts a rich and diverse musical environment, with opportunities to perform, create, innovate, teach, and lead. Our artist faculty is dedicated to teaching ... our facilities are award-winning ... our campus is modern, beautiful, and welcoming. Fredonia offers conservatory-quality training at a price that is within reach. If you are serious about pursuing a career in music, we want to hear from you.
Auditioning for the Fredonia School of Music
The purpose of the audition is to gather evidence of both current ability and the potential to complete the preferred degree program. Thus, we look for pitch accuracy, correct and steady rhythm, physical coordination, the ability to make expressive musical statements, and disciplined work habits.
- The school does not specify audition repertoire; rather, we encourage you to consult with your teacher to choose good literature that you can perform well.
- Instrumental auditions must be unaccompanied. Voice auditions should include piano accompaniment--live or recorded (available at websites like Appcompanist.com).
- The "follow-up session" (via Zoom) will include sight-reading on your instrument, and an Aural Skills Test of sight-singing, rhythm matching, and pitch matching. We recommend that you practice these basic musicianship skills with a music teacher before your audition.
- The Follow-Up Audition Day will also include general and curricular information sessions (via Zoom). Participation is optional but highly recommended. We will welcome your questions.
2020-2021 Music Audition Schedule
- November 7, 2020 (for Spring 2021 admission only)
- January 30, 2021
- February 13, 2021
- February 20, 2021
- March 27, 2021
For Campus-Wide Open House dates and registration:
The School of Music receives many more applications than we are able to admit, so we strongly recommend auditioning before the final date.
Questions? Contact the School of Music office at email@example.com or (716) 673-3151.