The department's faculty attend a wide variety of conferences nationally and internationally. Here is information on several conferences that we attend frequently with our students, where they have opportunities to attend talks, meet professional mathematicians, and present their work in special sessions or poster sessions.
- The MAA (Mathematical Association of America) is divided into regional sections, and the MAA Seaway Section, which includes New York State and Southern Ontario, has conferences every fall and spring.
- The Association of Mathematics Teachers of New York State (AMTNYS) holds an annual conference in the fall.
- The MAA and the AMS (American Mathematical Society) hold a national joint conference every January, the JMM (Joint Mathematical Meetings). When it is held within driving distance, we try to attend with a vanload of students.
- MAA MathFest is held every August. When it's within driving distance, we go with a vanload of students.
- UP-STAT (Upstate Chapters of the American Statistical Association) holds an annual conference in the spring.
For more information on the professional organizations mentioned here, see our Links page.