Dr. Nancy Boynton, Coordinator
206 Fenton Hall
Spring 2018 courses for the stat minor
- STAT 352 – Categorical Data Analysis
In this course we will analyze data with a categorical response variable. We will analyze contingency tables (chi-square tests) and logistic regression. (This course will count toward the Statistics Minor.)
STAT 352 is 3:30 – 4:50 on Tuesday and Thursday
- STAT 355 – Mathematical Statistics
This is a course on probability and the mathematics behind what we do in statistics. (This course will count toward the Statistics Minor.) Note that the pre-requisite is University Calculus III. (There is no statistics pre-req for this course.)
STAT 355 is 11:00 – 11:50 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- ECON 300 - Statistical Analysis
- BUAD 300 - Statistical Analysis
- 200 level statistics courses
- MATH 108, 120, 122, 231
- CSIT 121 - Computer Science I
Statistics in the Media
- The Best Master's Degrees for Jobs in 2016 - Take a look at numbers 1 & 2.
- Statistics Might Be the Most Important Class You Take in College
- Susan Murphy wins a MacArthur Fellowship
- Data Crunchers Now the Cool Kids on Campus
- Data Scientist: The Sexiest Job if the 21st Century
- Biostatistics: Revealing Analysis
- The Age of Big Data
- Statistics - Dream Job of the next decade
- What Are the Odds that Stats Would Be This Popular?
- Following Digital Breadcrumbs To 'Big Data' Gold
- The Search For Analysts To Make Sense Of 'Big Data'
- The Joy of Stats
- Big Data and the Stalker Economy