We care about student success and each student in the department is assigned an academic advisor. The students are responsible, however, for familiarizing themselves with all the graduation requirements in effect at the time they were admitted to the university. Our objective is to help each student take the appropriate courses and accomplish his/her learning goals while graduating in time.
- University Catalog
- Academic Advising Services - Academic Forgiveness Programs, course waivers, Excelsior, Fredonia in 4, Foreign Language Placement Test, probation and academic standing, Self-Design Major and Minor, Unofficial GPA Calculator, withdrawal, medical withdrawal, leave of absence, and not returning
- Registrar's Office - check when the advising week is, the academic calendar, some forms are available online
- Course Information - gives the course description, number of credits, prerequisites, and other relevant information for all courses offered at Fredonia.
- Course Offerings - provides the schedule of courses actually offered in the current semester and past semesters.
- Transfer-Course Equivalency - helps you find the Fredonia equivalent of courses from other colleges, and vice versa.
- General Education - provides resources about the courses comprising the general education and the related requirements.
In order to find out who your faculty advisor is:
- Log on to “Your Connection”
- Click on “Student Services”
- Click on “Student Records”
- Click on “Academic Transcript”
- Click on “Submit”
- See your advisor’s name on the top left corner of the transcript.
- While on Applied Professional Studies’ website, click on Faculty to see your advisor's office location and contact information.
- If an advisor has not been assigned to you, be sure to call the Department at (716) 673-4959.
Some Graduation Requirements:
(The most updated list of requirements is in the university catalog.)
- You are subject to the degree requirements spelled out in the University Catalog that was in effect at the time of your admission.
- You can opt out with a newer catalog version, however.
- You must complete a minimum of 120 credit hours of courses (each course counted only once).
- No more than four credit hours of Physical Education courses will be counted towards the minimum 120 credit hours.
- Every student needs to complete at least 45 credit hours of Fredonia courses (Residency Requirement).
- You need to have all General Education requirements fully satisfied.
- You must complete every one of the courses required for your major.
- You must have 45 credits in upper-level courses (300- or 400-numbered courses or other courses designated as upper-level).
- In addition to a minimum overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.00, you need to have a minimum 2.00 GPA among the courses required for your major.
- You need to formally declare a major in Music Industry or Sport Management.
- You must complete an Internship.
- You must either fully complete the requirements of any declared Minor or 2nd Major or undeclare such programs in order to be able to graduate in your 1st Major.
- Make sure in DegreeWorks all your requirements are marked as fullfilled or in progress.