SUNY PRODiG Fellowship Application
Promoting Recruitment, Opportunity, Diversity, Inclusion and Growth across the SUNY Comprehensive Sector
The SUNY PRODiG Fellowship Consortia represents a collaborative effort of the thirteen comprehensive colleges in the SUNY system. PRODiG Fellows will receive a two-year non-renewable contract, travel allowances, summer research stipends, moving expenses, and reduced teaching load. Annual compensation is competitive. Fellows will be paired with a campus senior faculty member to help facilitate integration and support, and will be a part of a larger cohort of PRODiG Fellows across the SUNY system who will meet (both face-to-face and virtually) throughout the two-year fellowship. The fellowship is open to a wide range of fields.
Benefits for the Fellows:
- Provide outstanding mentorship and support to increase future success and retention as faculty member
- Provide intentional support toward degree completion
- Teaching experience in the individual’s field of expertise
- Experience and faculty development at one of the SUNY comprehensive colleges
- Eligible candidates for this two-year program include late-stage ABDs or post-docs who are underrepresented minorities faculty in general and women faculty of all races in STEM fields.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an accredited doctoral program in the U.S. or have completed an accredited doctoral program, and be authorized to work in the U.S.
- The applicant must have an approved dissertation proposal and have advanced to candidate status at their home institution (or have completed their dissertation). Post-doctoral applicants are also encouraged.
- Successful candidates will show evidence of outstanding academic achievement and promise as teachers and scholars.
- Candidates should have a capacity to respond in pedagogically productive ways to the learning needs of diverse students attending a comprehensive college.
Call for Applications:
Applicants should submit a current C.V. and letter of intent describing the applicant's interest in teaching at a comprehensive college; a letter from the dissertation advisor commenting on the applicant’s performance, potential, and expected time to degree; and a transcript. Applicants should review the websites below for academic programs and campus locations. Within their letter of intent, applicants should include three to five campus preferences.
Application review will begin January 27 for rolling admissions. Additional information will be provided upon hire, including details on a scheduled retreat in June/July 2020. Email all application materials and questions to sm_PRODiGprogram@brockport.edu
- Fredonia has a rich tradition of excellence in the study of all areas of STEM. The Biology and Chemistry departments are located in the $60 million Science Center that was completed in 2015. Students and faculty have the opportunity to work with $5 million worth of equipment and instrumentation in teaching and research labs on a daily basis. Information about Fredonia’s science related facilities can be found on our website. Experience Biology or Experience Physics and Fredonia and meet some of our students.
- Fredonia offers strong educational experiences within the humanities, natural sciences, and social and behavioral sciences.
- Fredonia’s School of Music is known throughout the SUNY system as the destination for students wishing to study music, composition, music education and music theory. Fredonia music students perform regularly in the university's Rockefeller Arts Center designed by acclaimed architect I.M. Pei and listed as one of the most amazing 25 college theaters in the US.
- Fredonia's Department of Theatre and Dance offers the most comprehensive offering of degree programs within the SUNY system. With Bachelor of Fine Arts degrees in Acting, Dance, Musical Theatre, and Theatrical Production and Design, and a Bachelor of Arts in Theatre Arts, as well as minors in Theatre, Dance and Dance Studio Administration, no other SUNY offers the range of experiences or opportunities that Fredonia does.
- Fredonia is a welcoming, supportive campus within a friendly, close-knit village community. Fredonia recently received international attention as the winner of the "Small Business Revolution." Good things are happening at Fredonia, and you are welcome here!
The SUNY Comprehensives are teaching-centered institutions and include:
- Brockport (Brockport, NY) https://www.brockport.edu
- Buffalo State (Buffalo, NY) https://suny.buffalostate.edu
- Cortland (Cortland, NY) http://www2.cortland.edu/home
- Empire State (Saratoga Springs, NY) https://www.esc.edu
- Fredonia (Fredonia, NY) https://www.fredonia.edu
- Geneseo (Geneseo, NY) https://www.geneseo.edu
- New Paltz (New Paltz, NY) https://www.newpaltz.edu
- Old Westbury (Long Island, NY) https://www.oldwestbury.edu
- Oneonta (Oneonta, NY) https://suny.oneonta.edu
- Oswego (Oswego, NY) https://www.oswego.edu
- Plattsburgh (Plattsburgh, NY) https://www.plattsburgh.edu
- Potsdam (Potsdam, NY) https://www.potsdam.edu
- Purchase (Purchase, NY) https://www.purchase.edu