Writers @ Work
Fredonia's Alumni Writers-in-Residence Series
Writers @ Work brings Fredonia alumni with a variety of educational backgrounds, careers, and accomplishments back to campus for a series of events. Over a two- or three-day period, writers-in-residence may give craft talks, speak on a panel, lead workshops, critique student writing, participate in Q&A forums, visit classes, or meet student groups. Students, faculty, and community members are provided with opportunities to interact with and learn from each writer’s unique skill set and experiences.
Writers @ Work is an alumni writers-in-residence series featuring both well-established and emerging writers, editors, and publishers in a range of professional and creative genres. The series seeks to connect Fredonia’s alumni, students, faculty, and community members with a focus on the diverse ways writing and the humanities make a difference in the world.
The Writers @ Work series serves the following goals:
- to broaden students’ awareness of the value of writing to professional success;
- to showcase the myriad of ways writing and the humanities make a difference in the world;
- to help foster relationships between our alumni and students;
- to tell Fredonia’s story in new ways; and
- to celebrate our alumni’s achievements and learn from their experiences while engaging with community members.
Sponsors and Partners:
The Writers @ Work series wishes to thank its current sponsors: Faculty Student Association, Fredonia Alumni Association, and the Carnahan Jackson Humanities Fund and the Mary Louise White Fund of the Fredonia College Foundation.
This program is made possible by a partnership between Admissions, Alumni Affairs, Career Development Office, the Fredonia Foundation, and the departments of Biology, Business Administration, Communication, English, History, and Theatre and Dance.