Upcoming Events - Writers @ Work
Panel Discussion: Creating a Compassionate Well with Empathy in Action
- 3pm to 4:30pm on Wednesday, September 7, 2022
- Williams Center, Multipurpose Room, Fredonia, NY
Followed by a reception and book signing of the lead panelist's book, "The Double Bottom Line: How Compassionate Leaders Captivate Hearts and Deliver Results," the panel will bring together a variety of leaders to share their insights on how compassion plays a role in leadership skills.
- Donato Tramuto, author, global health activist, and philanthropist
- The Honorable Doug Essek, Mayor of the Village of Fredonia;
- The Honorable Wilfred Rosas, Mayor of the City of Dunkirk;
- Mike Tramuta, Life Coach
- Stephen H. Kolison, Jr., Ph.D., President of SUNY at Fredonia
- (Moderator) Paula Peters, Associate Professor and University Faculty Senator
Tramuto is widely recognized for his commitment to social change and transformational leadership in healthcare innovation. He has received numerous awards for his commitment to social justice including the prestigious Robert F. Kennedy Ripple of Hope award in 2014 and the RFK Embracing His Legacy award in 2017. Tramuto is also the Founder and Chairman of The TramutoPorter Foundation and Health eVillages, which advances young people’s rights to education and healthcare access and combats human rights violations. He is the author of two books, including his most recent book, “The Double Bottom Line: How Compassionate Leaders Captivate Hearts and Deliver Results.” Tramuto has received Honorary Doctorate Degrees from UMass at Lowell, Lasell University, Thomas Jefferson University, St. Joseph’s College, and Regis College.
Faculty Student Association ◆ Carnahan Jackson Humanities Fund of the Fredonia College Foundation ◆ Campus Life ◆ Student Association ◆ Steinberg Endowment ◆ Office of the President
Alumni Affairs ◆ Career Development Office ◆ English Department ◆ Fredonia Honors Program ◆ School of Business
ADDITIONAL RESIDENCY PARTNERS:
Campus Life ◆ Fredonia Honors Program ◆ Office of the President ◆ Student Association Recognized Groups